The purposes of Youth Parliament are as follows:
- To make students understand the parliamentary procedure.
- To develop in students an insight into the working of parliament
- To make students consider public issues and form their opinion on them.
- To train students in the technique of group discussion
- To develop in students an ability to arrive at a decision after group discussion.
- To develop them in them respect and tolerance for the views of others.
- To develop in them an understanding that respect for rules is essential for conducting any discussion systematically and effectively.
- To train students in group behaviour.
- To make students aware of various problems facing our society and the country.
- To develop in students the quality of leadership.
- To make students understand the common man's point of view and express it in an articulated manner.
Activities Can be conducted in School level:
- Mock Parliament in Class level from Class 8 to class 12
- Mock Parliament in School level on Constitution Day (26th November)