YOUTH PARLIAMENT COMPETITION
With a view to strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the views of others and to enable the student community to know about the working of Parliament, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in consultation with NVS introduced the scheme of National Youth Parliament competition in JNVs. Youth parliament may be organized by the Social Science Club. The objectives organizing Youth Parliament are:
1. To make students understand the parliamentary procedure.
2. To develop in students an insight into the working of parliament
3. To make students consider public issues and form their opinion on them.
4. To train students in the technique of group discussions.
5. To develop in them respect and tolerance for the views of others,
6. To train the students to develop respect for rules and good group behavior.
6. To make students aware of various problems being faced by our society and the country.
7. To develop in students the qualities of leadership.
8. To make students understand the common man’s point of view and express it in an articulated manner.