The National Service Scheme
) is an Indian government
-sponsored public service
program conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs
and Sports of the Government of India
. Popularly known as NSS. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community (esp. Villages) linkage.
Aims of NSS
The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students to develop their personality through community service.
The motto of National Service Scheme is “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
- Orientation of students in national problems.
- Study of philosophy of NSS.
- Basic concepts and components of NSS.
- National service scheme ( NSS) volunteers.
- Special camping programme.
- Fundamental rights, Directive principles of state policy.
- Awareness programme, Consumer awareness, Highlights of consumer act.
- Function literacy non formal education of rural youth.
- Environment enrichment and conservation.
- Health, family welfare and nutrition.