Youth Parliament helps to strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the views of others and to enable the student community to know about the working of Parliament. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in consultation with NVS introduced the scheme of National Youth Parliament competition in JNVs.
Youth parliament has a special importance in developing an insight in the young students. Thus, the purpose of having Youth Parliament in NVS are:
- To make students understand the parliamentary procedure.
- To develop in students an insight into the working of parliament
- To make students consider public issues and form their opinion on them.
- To train students in the technique of group discussions.
- To develop in them respect and tolerance for the views of others, respect for rules and to train them in group behaviour.
- To make students aware of various problems being faced by our society and the country.
- To develop in students the qualities of leadership.
- To make students understand the common man’s point of view and express it in an articulated manner.