YOUTH PARLIAMENT COMPETITIONS:
With a view to strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the views of others and to enable the student community to know about the working of Parliament, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in consultation with NVS introduced the scheme of National Youth Parliament competition in JNVs.
Youth parliament has a special importance in developing an insight in the young students. Thus, the purpose of having Youth Parliament in NVS is:
- To make students understand the parliamentary procedure.
- To develop in students an insight into the working of parliament
- To make students consider public issues and form their opinion on them.
- To train students in the technique of group discussions.
- To develop in them respect and tolerance for the views of others, respect for rules and to train them in group behaviour.
- To make students aware of various problems being faced by our society and the country.
- To develop in students the qualities of leadership.
- To make students understand the common man’s point of view and express it in an articulated manner.
Regional Office will identify FOUR New Vidyalayas every year in addition to the FOUR already identified Vidyalayas for the conduct of Youth Parliament competitions in the region every year. These 8 identified Vidyalayas are to conduct Youth Parliament competition for two continuous years in their respective Vidyalayas. Orientation Programmes for the teacher in-charges will be conducted as per the details given below:
The following activities are to be carried out in connection with the Youth Parliament Competitions:
- Training the students for 30 days after the orientation course – to be completed latest by 31.7.18
- Conducting the Regional Youth Parliament – to be completed on or before 31.8.18
- The result along with the detailed report to be forwarded to NVS RO by the principal immediately after the conduct of Youth Parliament Competition.
- NVS RO to forward the consolidated report with result to NVS HQ/Ministry of Youth Parliamentary Affairs – in the first week of September.
- National Youth Parliament Competitions - October/November 2018.
youth parliament content goes here